The Delaware Coalition Against Gun Violence (DeCAGV) is a statewide organization focused on preventing gun violence by promoting sensible gun laws and addressing the root causes of gun violence. As such, we have created a survey about issues related to gun violence prevention in Delaware and at the federal level. The responses from the candidates running for Senate serve as an educational reference for Delaware voters in the 2018 elections. Access the hyperlinks to read the candidates’ longer answers.
Since inception in 2013, the Delaware Coalition Against Gun Violence (DeCAGV) has helped change the course of our state’s public policy.
The DeCAGV Educational Fund has:
- Worked with University of Delaware students to present informative public workshops on gun violence prevention.
- Sponsored Sandy Hook Team 26 cyclists’ annual stop in Delaware on its public awareness tour from Connecticut to Washington, DC.
- Co-sponsored the Wilmington ‘March for Our Lives Rally’ in April, 2018.
The DeCAGV Legislative Fund has worked closely with Governors John Carney and Jack Markell, as well as the Delaware General Assembly to enact needed new laws:
- Requiring universal background checks in Delaware for all gun purchasers.
- Giving mental health workers new tools to help a patient in crisis who might pose a danger to themselves or others – the ‘Beau Biden Bill’.
- Extending the waiting period, when necessary, for a gun purchase from 3 to 25 days, to allow time for a gun buyer to clear the FBI background check.
Access DeCAGV Pamphlet PDF
Letters, emails, and phone calls
from constituents are very effective in bringing the attention of elected officials to issues that concern you—and us. Utilize the easy-to-use tool that will match your address to your local, state, and national representatives and elected officials.
DeCAGV works to improve the quality of life in Delaware by promoting honest debate, providing educational opportunities, and advocating for common sense public policies that prevent gun violence. The pamphlet serves as an educational reference for the upcoming Primary and General elections, specifically highlighting the 2018 Legislative Voting Record in the Delaware General Assembly. #DEnoughIsEnough
Access PDF here.