Washington DC March For Our Lives
The March For Our Lives Rally will take place on
Pennsylvania Avenue, between 3rd and 12th street NW.
- The march will begin on Saturday, March 24th at 12:00 PM.
Pedestrian entrances are located at:
- Pennsylvania Avenue and 12th Street, NW
- Constitution Avenue and 7th Street, NW
- Indiana Avenue and 7th Street, NW
Click here for more information about the march.
Learn more here about lodging for those travelers staying in DC for the March For Our Lives.
Delaware March For Our Lives
- The march will go from Howard High School to Rodney Square, where there will be a rally to follow.
- The march will start at 10:00 am and the rally at Rodney Square will begin around 11:00 am and run until around 2:00pm.
- The rally will include music, informational vendors educating the public on ways we can prevent gun violence in Delaware, and speakers ranging from the students who helped organize the march to some of the sponsors of current gun legislation.
Learn more here about the march in Wilmington, Delaware.
The First Unitarian Church is organizing a bus to downtown
Wilmington for the march. Register here.
“In saying that the proposal to raise the age limit on purchases of assault weapons had “not much political support (to put it mildly),” President Trump fails a key test of presidential leadership. In his seminal work “Presidential Power,” Richard Neustadt concluded that the power of the president is the “power to persuade.”
Significant public support exists for improvements in gun safety. Rather than mobilizing the public, the president retreats. In the aftermath of the massacre at Sandy Hook, I worked with courageous members of Delaware’s General Assembly to pass key pieces of gun safety legislation, including closing the gun show loophole. The margin of victory in these votes was surprisingly small given the public support.
The support of former Attorney General Beau Biden and Lt. Gov. Matt Denn demonstrated what leaders can accomplish even in the face of legislative resistance. If only President Trump were to follow their lead.
JACK MARKELL, WILMINGTON, DEL.
The writer was governor of Delaware from 2009 to 2017.”