Since inception in 2013, the Delaware Coalition Against Gun Violence (DeCAGV) has helped change the course of our state’s public policy.
The DeCAGV Educational Fund has:
- Worked with University of Delaware students to present informative public workshops on gun violence prevention.
- Sponsored Sandy Hook Team 26 cyclists’ annual stop in Delaware on its public awareness tour from Connecticut to Washington, DC.
- Co-sponsored the Wilmington ‘March for Our Lives Rally’ in April, 2018.
The DeCAGV Legislative Fund has worked closely with Governors John Carney and Jack Markell, as well as the Delaware General Assembly to enact needed new laws:
- Requiring universal background checks in Delaware for all gun purchasers.
- Giving mental health workers new tools to help a patient in crisis who might pose a danger to themselves or others – the ‘Beau Biden Bill’.
- Extending the waiting period, when necessary, for a gun purchase from 3 to 25 days, to allow time for a gun buyer to clear the FBI background check.
Access DeCAGV Pamphlet PDF